Sunday, October 01, 2006

First Day!

Well, this is my first day writing my blog and I really hope it is not going to turn out like those hundreds of failed tries when I was a child to start writing a journal. Well, we'll see, won't we? My idea for the blog is that I really felt like I was losing the joy that I had in reading since I read so many technical journals for work and boring business textbooks for school. So I decided that I was going to promise to myself that I would read at least one chapter of a "leisure" book per day. Then I thought to myself, it would be really awesome to join a book club since I love to discuss what is happening in the book with other people. Well, while that would be cool, I examined my schedule and discovered that the best time for me to attend a book club is at 2 am in the morning. Funnily enough, I couldn't find one that regularly met at that hour. So I decided I would start my own book club blog. Then I can read a chapter and tell you what I think about it and you can read the same chapter and tell me what you think about it. It should be fabulous! Well, the first book I am going to read is Wild Grass by Ian Johnson. It is about 3 different villages in China and how the current changes (economical and political) have affected each of them today. Looks like a great book and I have had it sitting on the shelf for 3 months waiting for me to read it and finally I will. Well, I will see you tomorrow with my take on the prologue and the first chapter. Have a great night and stay safe.

No comments: